- In Bihar to kick start the poll campaign, Prime Minister Narendra Modi said politics has hurt the state’s development and promised to give it a package bigger than Rs 50,000 crore which he had announced earlier.
- Under the 14th Finance Commission, Bihar will receive Rs 3.75 lakh crore from 2015 to 2020 as compared to Rs 1.5 lakh which the state used to get before.
- The Chief Minister Nitish Kumar gave a detailed overview of how much damage development suffers because of politics.
- The work which could have been completed during Atal ji (Behari Vajpayee’s) tenure took 2015 to be finished.
- Modi took a jibe at JD(U)’s new partner RJD chief Lalu Prasad, saying railway ministers had halted work.