We often say Government is of the people, by the people and for the people. Believing in this the Government of India has introduced scholarships programs to meritorious tribal students for pursuing higher studies in foreign university. The government will provide all type of financial assistance to selected candidate.
- To Provide scholarships to study in foreign university in specific field of Master Level Course, PhD and Post Doctoral research programmes in field of engineering, technology and science.
- Candidate should be of Schedule Caste Community.
- Candidate must have first division with 60%marks or equivalent grade in relevant degree for Master Degree, PhD and Post Doctoral Research.
- Candidate should be below 35 years of age.
- The income from all the sources of candidate, parents should not exceed Rs 25,000.
- Not more than one child of the same parents/guardian is eligible.
- Employed candidate must forward their application through their employer along with NOC.
- The finally selected candidates are required to obtain admission and join an accredited university/ institution abroad within three years from the date of communication of selection.
- Financial assistance in cost of tuition and other educational fees charged by the foreign university etc., maintenance and other grants along with travel expenses.
- 100% Central Assistance is provided directly to the candidates.
- Scholarships include-
- Maintenance allowance of US $ 7700 per annum (Pound Sterling 5000 per annum per candidate in UK) for all courses.
- Contingency allowance up to US $ 500 per annum (Pound Sterling 325 per annum candidate in UK) for books/essential apparatus/study tour/typing and binding of thesis, etc.
- Equipment allowance of Rs. 1100, up to $ 15 to cover incidental journey expenses.
- Economy Air passage from India and back.
- Visa fee in Indian Rupees.
- Tuition and other compulsory University fees and medical insurance if any.
- Only 15 meritorious (13 for ST, 2 for PTG) are given financial assistance.
- Following field were scholarship is given-
(a) Post Doctoral Research – 1&1/2 years
(b) Ph.D. – 4 years
(c) Masters Degree –3 years
For More Info: Click Here