- Approving major decisions in sectors ranging from railways and infrastructure to power and investment,the Cabinet sanctioned several key decisions such as redevelopment of railway stations and Eastern peripheral highways.
- The key decisions are:
- Redevelopment of 400 railway stations.
- A proposal to do away with the distinction between different types of foreign investments through a composite cap on all kinds of foreign investments.
- The development of the six-laning of Eastern peripheral expressway in Haryana and Uttar Pradesh.
- The creation of an intra state transmission system in Andhra Pradesh, Gujarat, Himachal Pradesh, Karnataka, Madhya Pradesh, Maharashtra and Rajasthan.
- The Repealing and Amending (Fourth) Bill, 2015 in the Lok Sabha for the repeal of 295 Acts, identified for repeal by the concerned Ministries/Departments and the Legislative Department.
- The second phase of eCourts Mission Mode Project at an estimated cost of Rs 1,670 crore.
- A proposal to permit utilization of India’s capital contribution to the SAARC Development Fund for its Economic and Infrastructure Windows, in addition to the existing approval for utilizing India’s capital contribution for the Social Window of SDF.
- A revised cost estimates for Phase-I of the Centrally Sponsored Scheme of National Cyclone Risk Mitigation Project for Andhra Pradesh and Odisha.
- An expert group to be formed under Arvind Panagariya, vice-chairperson, NITI AAYOG, to classify the caste names returned in the Socio Economic and Caste Census, 2011.