T-Hub is India’s largest incubation centre for Startups, initiated by government of Telangana. It is positioned in International Institute of Information Technonolgy in its Hyderabad campus. Apart from IIIT Hyderabad, ISB and NASLAR are partners in this T-Hub incubation initiative. It is a big step toward boosting new entrepreneurs to start up their businesses in the state.
- T-Hub incubation center is not just providing spaces for startups but at the same time intends to be a chain of support system for entrepreneurs, businesses, and shareholders like VC funding, seed funding and other R&D institutes.
- The Catalyst Building of IIIT Hyderabad would provide as the incubator with already a fund of Rs 50Crore has been allotted by Telangana Govt.
- According to industry sources, another investment of Rs 200 Crore would be made to build a 300,000 sq. ft building at a different location.
- T-Hub aspires to make Hyderabad a start-up friendly city by providing the best equipment and facilities including educating investors especially those who are not from tech start-up background and how typically a start-up works.
- Various problems have been faced by the entrepreneurs when setting businesses in the city with lacking support system of early stage mentorship to connecting with the investors or potential feasibility in exiting a business. So, in order to better the situation T-Hub has been set.
- T-Hub has 10 board members including Chairman of NASSCOM, CEO of Tech Mahindra, Secretary, Information Technology, Electronics and Communications Department of the Government of Telangana among others.
- So far T-Hub has received many applications for registering for space but the process has not yet started.
Source: Live Mint