The Girl Child Protection Scheme is aimed at preventing gender discrimination by empowering and protecting rights of girl children through direct investment from Telangana Government.This Scheme enhance status of girl child and promotes adoption of small family norm by ensuring holistic development of the girl child for a bright future entailing improved sex ratio besides preventing female infanticide.
- Promote enrollment and retention of the girl child in school and to ensure her education at least up to intermediate level.
- Encourage girls to get married only after the age of 18 years.
- Encourage parents to adopt family planning norm with two girl children.
- Protect the rights of the girl child and provide social and financial empowerment to girl child.
- Eliminate negative cultural attitudes and practices against girls.
- Strengthen the role of the family in improving the status of the girl child.
- Extend a special dispensation to Orphans/Destitute and differently abled girls
- Families with only single girl child or only two girls shall be eligible.
- For Children born before 03-01-2013 the total annual income of the family of girl child shall have to be below Rs.20,000/- per annum for rural areas and Rs.24,000/- per annum for urban areas.
- For Children born on or after 03-01-2013 the total annual income of the family of girl child shall have to be below Rs.40,000/- per annum for rural areas and Rs.48,000/- per annum for urban areas.
- Families having single girl from 0-3 years of age, will be given first priority.
- Girl child born after August, 2009 should get registered under RBD Act and produce birth certificate from competent authorit
- All destitutes or orphans or disabled girls, who have not crossed 18 years as on May, 2008 will be eligible for the benefits under the Scheme.
- The girls whose disability is more than 80% shall be eligible for the benefits under Girl Child Protection Scheme provided the income of their Parents / Guardian from all sources does not exceed Rs.1.00 lakh per annum.
How to Apply:
- ICDS Area
Those who will fulfill the eligibility conditions can obtain the application form from the Anganwadi worker concerned or download from here and submit the same with enclosures to the Anganwadi worker concerned
- Non ICDS Area
In respect of Applicants from other than ICDS Project areas they can submit their applications to the Child Development Project Officer concerned (CDPO)
- In case of a single girl child she is entitled to receive Rs. 1.00 Lakh after completion of 20 years of age.
- In case of two girl children, both of them are entitled to receive Rs.30,000/- each, after completion of 20 years age.
- Both the “single girl child” and “two girl children” are entitled to receive Rs 1,200/- per annum as scholarship from 9th class to 12th class (including ITI course) during their period of study, as a benefit under the scheme.
|On natural death of insured||Rs. 30,000|
|On death or total permanent disability due to accident||Rs. 75,000|
|On partial permanent disability due to accident||Rs. 37,500|
For More Info: Click Here