- The long-range surface-to-air missile being developed with Israel will go in for national trials for the Navy once it is tested in Israel in October, with production following “definitely next year”.
- To reach targets of up to 70 km, is being developed by the Defence Research and Development Organisation and Israel Aerospace Industries for the Navy over the last five years.
- The requirement of the LR/MR-SAM from the Services would almost match the order of the Akash medium-range mobile-launched SAM.
- The Akash programme started in 2011 had matured over the last three years and had been delivered supplies for eight IAF squadrons. Half of the Army’s requirement for two regiments was done.
- Orders from the two Services amount to around Rs. 19,000 crore.
Source: Defence News