- HRD Minister Smriti Irani before preparing draft requested Teachers and CBSE students to give suggestion on new national education policy
- At national teacher’s day award function she said that the inputs from the stakeholders from cross sections of the society are important for drafting new national education policy.
- The Minister also introduced three new award categories, who promote performing arts, who undertakes beyond the classrooms activities and promote innovation and who promote teaching in rural areas.
- On occasion of national teacher’s day, 34 teachers were felicitated for innovative methodologies adopted in classroom teaching and 16 mentors were also awarded for promoting quality education.
- These awards consist of a Merit certificate, a shawl and a cash prize of Rs 50,000.