Ministry of Human Resource Development, Government of India is now inviting applications from Indian Nationals for the prestigious Korean Government Scholarship for the year 2016.
What is the scholarship?
The scholarship is for Indian nationals to study at any Korean University or Institution (as designed by NIIED) from September, 2016. The scholarship will be awarded on the following studies-
- Korean Language
- International Relations (including Korean Studies)
- Electronic Engineering
- Age- Applicants must be below 40 years of age as of September 1st, 2016
- Educational Qualification- Applicants must hold a Bachelor’s or Master’s Degree.
|Monthly Allowance||900,000 won (KRW) per month|
|Research Allowance||Humanities & Social Sciences=210,000 won/semester
Natural &Mechanic Sciences= 240,000 won/semester
|Relocation (Settlement) Allowance||200,000 won|
|Language Training Fee||Full Coverage|
|Tuitions||All admission fees have been reduced by the Host University/Institution. Tuition fee is paid by NIIED|
|Dissertation Printing Costs||500,000 won to 800,000 won depending upon the cost|
|Medical Insurance||20,000 won per month will be provided (its limited coverage)|
|Special Funding||Special Funding of 100,000 won is provided to scholars who are proficient in Korean Language (TOPIK Level 5 or 6)|
Airfare- NIIED, Government of Korea will pay for tickets of a scholar’s economy class round-trip. Any kind of travelling allowance will not be made by the Government of India.
Duration of the scholarship-
|Master’s Degree||3 years (1st September, 2016-31st August, 2019)||1st year will be of Korean Language + 2 years of Master’s|
|Doctoral Degree||4 years (1st September, 2016-31st August, 2020)||1st year will be of Korean Language + 3 years of Doctoral|
How to apply for this Scholarship?
Note: Candidates who have already received Korean Scholarship will not be eligible.
Documents to be uploaded-
- Copy of the Marksheet of Bachelor’s Degree (to apply for Master’s) and copy of the marksheet of Master’s Degree (to apply for Doctoral).
- Transcript from University/Institution.
- Proof of Date of Birth-either Birth Certificate or Class X Admit Card.
Last Date- 11th March, 2016