- States and Union Territories will be penalised for any delay in transfer of funds to urban local bodies (ULBs) under the Atal Mission for Rejuvenation and Urban Transformation.
- States and UTs shall release the central assistance, along with the State/UT share, to the ULBs within seven working days of the release of central share, failing which penal interest will be levied.
- This provision was made in the Mission Guidelines to avoid delays in the execution of projects under the Atal Mission for Rejuvenation and Urban Transformation (AMRUT), which was launched on June 25, 2015.
- Under AMRUT, central assistance ranges from one-third of the project cost for cities with a population of above 10 lakh to 50 per cent for cities/towns with a population of less than 10 lakh for projects pertaining to water supply, sewerage, septage management, storm water drains and urban transport.
- The central government will bear 50 per cent of the cost of projects related to development of green spaces and parks and 100 per cent of the cost for capacity building and implementation of reforms.