The Government of Goa has designed this scheme, in order to honour the eminent personalities in the field of Art & Culture. The scheme intends to give recognition to the Goan artists par excellence for their lifetime achievement and for their extraordinary contribution to the field of Art & Culture in Goa.
- To honour the eminent personalities in the field of Art & Culture.
- To felicitate the artists par excellence for their lifetime achievements.
- To recognize and appreciate the artists par excellence as State Artist of Goa.
- An individual artist who has completed 60 years of age and who has given extraordinary contribution to the field of art & culture at large and in his/her respective field of art in specific, shall be eligible to receive Goa State Cultural Award under this scheme.
- An individual Goan artist to avail benefit under this scheme will have to have contributed in his/her respective field of art in Goa for minimum 10 years out of his/her entire career as a practicing artist.
- Recipient of Kala Gaurav Puraskar shall not be eligible for the State Cultural Award under this scheme.
- No person shall be eligible for second time to avail the benefit under this scheme.
- No award will be presented posthumously under this scheme.
- Every year maximum 12 (twelve) persons in the field of 1. Music, 2. Dance, 3. Drama/Theatre including Tiatr, 4. Performing Folk Art, 5. Fine Art & Craft, 6. Bhajan/Kirtan/Choir, 7. Film & associated Audio Visual work of Art, 8. Overall contribution in the field of art & culture, 9. Literature, 10. (Creative)Photography shall be considered for presenting the State Cultural Awards under this scheme.
- If no eligible candidate is found in a particular category for any particular year, then no award shall be given in that particular category for that particular year.
Eligible artist shall be honoured with a memento, shawl, sriphal, Certificate of appreciation and financial purse to the extent of Rs. 1,00,000/- per individual and monthly financial assistance of Rs. 3,200/- under the scheme of Kala Sanman.
Valid till: 31st March 2021
For More Info: Click Here