Indian Railways is encouraging youth to come up with innovative startups and help railways break the stereotype mindset people had for years now.
- A policy is being drafted to incorporate new products and services developed by startups towards building greater innovation within Indian Railways.
- National Academy of Indian Railways (NAIR) will draft a policy which is expected to be submitted within a week.
- This event of crowdsourcing ideas, included founders of several startups like Travelkhana, Railyatri, Erail.com, myzupp.com, Ispator and OMitra and travel portal Makemytrip.
- Others who participated at the seminar were top execs from TiE, Innovation at Ministry of Science & Technology, Wadhwani Foundation, The Entrepreneur School (ISEED), among others.
- Once the draft policy is submitted it would be open for public opinion / suggestions.