- Road Transport and Highway Ministry is planning to use the services of ISRO for Monitoring highway constructions
- Road Asset Management System (RAMS) will be linked with Drones and GAGAN and BHUVAN satellite systems for preparing 360 degree mapping of road assets.
- This system will help in effective planning, construction, maintenance, timely repair of road, financial management and formulation of Detailed Project Reports
- RAMS is developed using international best practices and will be funded by World Bank.
- Data collected by this system will be published on public web domain and will be useful for Transport Ministry, Finance Ministry, NHAI, State PWDs, Police Departments, Funding agencies, Developers
Source: Economic Times