Soil and Water Conservation under Western Ghats Development Programme was launched by the Govt. of Tamil Nadu for the districts of Western Ghat.
- To develop the backward districts of Western Ghat.
- To assist farmers of Coimbatore, Erode, Madurai, Theni, Dindigul, Virudhunagar , Tirunelveli and Kanyakumari District for their agricultural activities.
- People who are engaged in the agricultural activities.
- 100% grant is provided for Soil Conservation measures. However, beneficiaries are required to contribute at the rate of 10% for individual works and 5% for community works. It is 5% in case of SC/ST, for individual works.
- All the farmers whose lands are covered in the selected Watersheds are eligible for subsidy.
How To Avail:
Farmers Can Contact:
- Assistant Executive Engineer, Agricultural Engineering Department in the Revenue Division.
- Executive Engineer, AED in the District.
- Superintending Engineer, AED in the Region.
- Chief Engineer, Agricultural Engineering Department, Nandanam, Chennai-35. Phone 2435 2686 , 2435 2622
For More Information, Clickhere