Soil and Water Conservation under Hill Area Development Program was started by the Govt. Of Tamil Nadu for hilly region of the state, with a point of water protection and advancement of the hilly zones.
Details of Works:
- Bench Terracing
- Drainage line treatment works
- Water Harvesting Structures.
- Collection Wells
- Terrace support works
- Stream training works
- Silt detention tanks and
Landslide treatment works
- Farmers who reside in the hilly region of the state of Tamil Nadu.
- 100% grant is provided for Soil Conservation measures. However, beneficiaries are required to contribute at the rate of 10% for individual works and 5% for community works. It is 5% in case of SC/ST, for individual works. This contribution shall be deposited in the Watershed Development fund. The landslide treatment measures are executed with 100 % grant.
- All the farmers whose lands are covered in the selected watersheds are eligible.
How To Avail:
Farmers Can Contact:
- Assistant Executive Engineer, Agricultural Engineering Department in the Revenue Division.
- Executive Engineer, AED in the District.
- Superintending Engineer, AED in the Region.
- Chief Engineer, Agricultural Engineering Department, Nandanam, Chennai-35. Phone 2435 2686 , 2435 2622