- What makes a City smart is a question that has exercised many minds since Modi introduced this catchphrase within the political discourse back in 2014.
- Underlying this race to be a Smart City is a critical gap in knowhow, that is being addressed by Takshashila Institution when it launched its Centre for Smart City Governance in Bangalore.
- It is no coincidence that Bengaluru is making its mark in the Smart Cities debate way ahead of the other Cities in India.
- Dr.Ashwathnarayan an Enterprising Legislator from the City outlining many of the pioneering technology ideas in local governance, experimented by him in Bengaluru in the making of a Smart City.
- Centre for Smart City Governance will primarily focus on education, training and capacity development.
- The centre will also conduct research on fresh and bold new ideas on city governance.
- The vision of smart cities can only be implemented if the social network is strengthened and innovative ideas are injected into the national thinking around smart cities.