- Punjab and Haryana High Court has constituted a committee of four senior High Court Judges to consider setting up of a separate Bench of the High Court for the convenience of litigants.
- The decision follows a letter written by Union law minister D V Sadananda Gowda on May 25 to the acting Chief Justice to ‘examine the case’.
- Gowda’s letter, is in response to a letter written by the Chief Minister Haryana Manohar Lal Khattar.
- In his April 17 letter, Khattar had written to Gowda raising the demand of creating a “separate” High Court for Haryana.
- Khattar had also raised the demand in April at the Conference of Chief Justices and Chief Ministers of all the states held in Delhi.