Self-employment Schemes under West Bengal Minorities Development & Finance Corporation (WBMDFC) are schemes launched by the state to provide loans to promising entrepreneurs from minority communities i.e. Muslims, Christians, Buddhists, Sikhs, Farsi etc to improve their financial as well as social condition.
- Term loan is give on any need based commercial scheme to an entrepreneur of project cost up to ₹ 1 lakh
- Loan for projects costing between ₹ 1 lakh and ₹ 5 lakh, a scheme requires to get approval from National Minorities Development & Finance Corporation (NMDFC).
- The applicant must belong from minority community
- Annual family income in rural areas must be within ₹ 40,000 and in urban areas must be within ₹ 55,000
- The applicant must not have any dues unpaid in Banks or financial institutions.
Margin Money Scheme-
- Under this scheme, project cost up to ₹ 5 lakh is approved by commercial banks who are willing to sponsor 60% of the project cost.
- WBMDFC may provide financial assistance at a maximum of 25% of the project cost only to eligible entrepreneurs. This financial assistance however is limited to ₹ 1.25 lakh.
- Rate of interest is 4% after an individual gets sanctioned from respective bank.
An entrepreneur can avail loan up to ₹ 25,000 under any ongoing available scheme however he/she has to repay the amount in 23 monthly installments.
Under this scheme financial assistance is provided to increase activities like trade, small businesses, micro industry, artisan service, agriculture related activity and transport sector activity which generate income. Here, credit is provided through Non-governmental Organizations (NGOs). NGOs can provide financial assistance to the beneficiaries directly or through Self Help Group. The maximum short term loan (for 6 to 15 months) one can get is ₹ 6000 and ₹ 10,000 for medium term (for 2 to 3 years).
How to avail?
One can submit application available in a prescribed format to Panchayat Samity office and/or to Sub-Divisional office in rural as well as municipal areas respectively. Al though, in Kolkata, applications need to be submitted to the GM, DIC Kolkata. For further Information contact on the given address below.
|West Bengal Minorities Development & Finance Corporation
Bhabani Bhaban, 2nd Floor
Fax- 033 2479-2995
Application Form for this scheme is demonstrated HERE