West Bengal: Scheme Of Cold Chain, Value Addition And Preservation Infrastructure
To provide integrated and complete cold chain and preservation infrastructure facilities from the farm gate to the consumer or from the production site to the market, Department of Food Processing and Horticulture under West Bengal Govt. has launched this scheme. Pre-cooling facilities at production sites, reefer vans, and mobile cooling can be assisted under the Scheme. This Scheme may also help to link groups of producers to the processors and markets through well-equipped supply chain.
- Following sectors may be covered under the scheme:
- Dairy – All milk and milk products, etc.
- Meat – All meat and meat products etc.
- Aquaculture and marine products like Prawns, Seafood, Fish, and their processed products etc.
- Any other non- horticultural food products requiring integrated cold chain
- Integrated cold chain and preservation infrastructure may be set up by individuals or groups of entrepreneurs interested in supply chain management, organizations such as Govt. / PSUs /Joint Ventures / NGOs / Cooperatives / SHG’s / Private Sector Companies and Corporations etc. are eligible.
- Grant-in-aid @ 35% of the bank appraised project cost including Interest during Construction, subject to a maximum of Rs. 5 Crores per project.
- Every year the interest subsidy @ 6% for a period of 5 years will be paid to the Bank/FI directly against the term loan sanctioned by it, subject to a maximum of Rs. 2 Crores per project or actual interest accrued on term loan, whichever is less.
Renewable Energy based pilot cold chain projects:
Grant in aid @ 90% of the bank appraised cost including the cost towards setting up of the solar power plant, subject to a maximum of Rs. 5 Crore. There will be no component of Interest subsidy.
For More Info: Click Here