West Bengal: Scheme For Production Of Fingerlings Of Carps Under RKVY
The fish production and productivity from inland sector largely depend on quality and quantum of fish seed available for freshwater aquaculture and reservoirs/floodplain wetlands. So to produce good quality seed, especially fingerlings the Scheme for Production of Fingerlings of Carps has been taken up in RKVY (Rashtriya Krishi Vikas Yojana) by Fisheries Department, West Bengal Government.
- To produce good quality fingerlings
- To steady supply of fingerlings to the farmers producing table/big size fish
- To bring more seasonal small water bodies under seed production
- Application of supplementary feed for better survival and growth
- To uplift economic condition of the beneficiaries
- Small & marginal fish farmers
- Self Help Groups (SHG)
- Fish Production Groups (FPG)
- Fishermen Co – operative Societies (FCS)
Pattern of Assistance: Total schematic cost per unit: Rs. 46,700
- Funding Under RKVY:
- Rs. 11,500 which is 25% of total schematic cost and will be provided to the beneficiary in the form of inputs like carp fry and supplementary feed.
2. Contribution of Beneficiary:
- Rs. 35,200 which is 75% of total schematic cost.
For More Info: Click Here