West Bengal IT Policy
Electronics and IT Department, West Bengal Govt. has devised its Information Technology policy in order to create and build a vibrant and sturdy edifice of IT/ITeS Eco-system on the basis of Innovation and Knowledge Capital, to utilize huge talent pool of Young India and to contribute to the overall economy and prosperity of the State and the Nation.
- To create a robust IT eco-system for enhancing competitiveness and productivity of the key economic sectors effecting the lives of the majority of the population of the state.
- To ensure e-literacy among the masses to reduce digital divide.
- To disseminate the IT and ITeS activities across the state so that rural population is equally benefited.
- To increase the current investment in IT/ITeS sector by 10 times.
- To promote and develop employment opportunities in the IT and ITeS Sector.
Period of Operation:
The policy will be in effect from the 1st August 2012 in the whole of West Bengal and remain valid for the period ending on 31st July, 2017.
Applicability and Eligibility:
- All micro, small, medium and large IT units which have started production on or after 1st day of August 2012 can apply for fiscal incentives under the policy.
- The units may be in the private sector, cooperative sector and joint sector undertaking as also companies/undertakings owned and managed by the State Government and the Industrial SHGs.
- Capital Investment Subsidy up to 15% depending upon the zone and Unit category (software or hardware) subject to a ceiling of Rs. 450 Lakh, will be provided to the eligible IT unit.
- Interest Subsidy up to 25% on term loan depending upon the zone and Rs. 20,000 or one month salary whichever is lower up to maximum 1000 candidate depending upon the zone subject to a ceiling of Rs. 150 Lakhs, will be provided to the eligible IT unit for 5 years.
- Eligible units will be entitled waiver of electricity duty on the electricity consumption for 5 years in A and B category locations and 7 years in C and D category locations.
- Stamp Duty and Registration Fee Subsidy up to 100% depending upon the enterprise category.
- Employment generation subsidy up to 75% of expenditure incurred on Employees State Insurance (ESI) and Employees Provident Fund (EPF) subject to maximum of Rs. 1 Crore per years for maximum 7 years depending upon location of the unit.
- Incentive up to 15% on fresh investment such as plant and machinery, computer hardware, computer software subject up to maximum of Rs. 350 Lakhs, will be provided to the IT industries.
- Total CST refund for 3 years from the date of commencement of commercial production.
- Standard quality compliance @ 50% of cost up to a maximum of Rs. 5 lakh for obtaining certification / accreditation like ISO-9000, ISO-14000, ISO-18000, Social Accountability Standards, OEKO-TEX etc.
- Reimbursement of 50% of expenditure for obtaining patent registration subject to a maximum of Rs. 5 Lakh.
- Entrepreneurship assistance in the form of reimbursement up to 50% for various purposes such as lease rental, power bill, recruitment assistance and exhibition rental assistance will be provided for Startups.
For Details on Zones and Incentives: Click Here