West Bengal: Integrated Ornamental Fisheries Units
Ornamental fishes provide aesthetic pleasure, entertainment, relieve stress and have a soothing effect on the human mind. Ornamental fish keeping and propagation is a good hobby especially for school children. Further, this sector offers good employment opportunity to women SHGs, entrepreneurs and unemployed youth to augment their income and improve their livelihoods. NFDB is providing subsidy to various fisheries organizations, departments and corporations for establishing integrated ornamental fishery units.
- State Fisheries Department / Fisheries corporations / Federations/ICAR institutions having own land and water facilities adequate enough to set up the unit. The land along with water facility may be hired on lease basis with a minimum period of 7 years.
- The private entrepreneurs having owned a minimum land area of 1000 sq fts and water facility for setting up of integrated ornamental unit.
- The private entrepreneurs having taken a minimum land area of 1000 sq fts and water facility on lease for a period of 7 years to set up of integrated ornamental unit.
- Willing to take up the activity in accordance with the guidelines of NFDB
- Prospective beneficiaries willing to undergo training at the Government sponsored institutions.
Pattern of Assistance:
- The unit cost for establishment of integrated ornamental fishery units is estimated at Rs. 15.00 Lakhs.
- NFDB provides 90% grant to State Fisheries Department, and 10% subsidy to the entrepreneurs for setting up of integrated ornamental fisheries unit.
For More Info: Click Here