West Bengal: Financial Assistance For Cage Culture In Ponds And Brackish Water Areas
To promote diversification in coastal aquaculture fin fishes like seabass, groupers, mullets and milk fish can be cultured in cages placed in ponds and brackish water areas for achieving higher production and for the purpose of establishing cage culture, West Bengal under NFDB is providing financial assistance.
- Entrepreneurs and aquaculture farmers having minimum of 1.0 hectare area and to a maximum of 10 hectare area (Water spread area) for cage culture are eligible for subsidy assistance.
- Eligible activities for which assistance is to be provided:
- Capital Expenditure on Knotless nets, cage accessories, catwalk, mechanical graders, construction of earthen bunds, concrete inlet and outlet sluices, water pumps and aerators.
- The unit cost on the capital investment has been estimated to be Rs. 10.00 Lakhs/ha.
- Assistance to the aquaculture farmers and entrepreneurs would be @ 25% of the unit cost as one time back ended subsidy (not exceeding Rs. 2.50 Lakhs/ha).
- SC/ST farmers/ entrepreneurs would be given 30% subsidy assistance, not exceeding Rs. 3.00 Lakhs/ha.
For More Info: Click Here