West Bengal: Establishment Of Freshwater Prawn Seed Hatchery
Availability of quality seed of freshwater prawn has been a limiting factor for intensification of prawn farming and also for coverage of additional area under aquaculture. To meet the requirements of farmers in seed-deficit and new areas of aquaculture, it is proposed to support in setting up of large as well as small hatcheries for production of prawn seed, West Bengal Govt. is providing subsidy under NFDB.
- Clear title of the land in the name of the applicant
- If, the land is on lease, lease deed for a minimum period of 7 years
- Assurance of the State Department to provide for sufficient working capital funds and take up prawn seed production on scientific lines
- Assurance for the provision in the budget for the balance funds required
- Positioning sufficient manpower to manage the seed farm after renovation
- The prospective entrepreneurs/ farmers should preferably have received training in the hatchery operations of the particular species selected
- Should not be defaulter with any financial institution/Government
- Assurance/ willingness of the State Department/entrepreneur/farmer for prawn seed production on scientific lines and to revolve the sale proceeds towards the inputs for subsequent operations
- BankΓÇÕs consent to provide loan towards non-subsidy portion of the funds in case of entrepreneurs/farmers
The unit cost for establishment small freshwater prawn seed hatchery of 5-8 million PL/unit/year minimum capacity shall be Rs.12.0 lakhs/unit. The back-ended subsidy @20% of the unit cost with a ceiling of Rs.2.40 lakhs to entrepreneurs/farmers shall be provided.
For More Info: Click Here