Uttar Pradesh IT Policy
The Uttar Pradesh State Government has announced its ΓÇ£Information Technology PolicyΓÇÙ which intends to encourage investment in IT/ITeS industries and skill enhancement of the youth specializing in IT/ITeS and allied fields to improve their employability. This policy is aimed to reinforce the position of Uttar Pradesh as an attractive destination for the I.T industry by providing conductive business environment and policy instruments for industry to survive and flourish in the State.
To use I.T. as a vehicle for economic development of Uttar Pradesh with inclusive growth to create a vibrant society with a high quality of life.
- Promoting UP as an attractive investment destination for IT/ITeS companies by providing congenial, industry friendly and proactive climate.
- Promote prominent cities/towns in the State as emerging Tier-II and Tier III IT destinations and providing assistance in setting up state of the art infrastructure like IT city, IT Parks etc in the state.
- To develop these investment nodes in UP as Intelligent and Smart Cities and creating a portfolio of IT enabled services (public and private) which will make the investment region an intelligent and smart region.
- To create world class ICT infrastructure as a platform to provide seamless connectivity for businesses and users, easy to use public and private services in a vibrant ecosystem consisting of ICT operators, Service Providers, Government, Regulators and end users.
- Enhancing the quality of talent pool and creation of additional employment opportunities, development of skilled IT manpower in the state for all sections of the society, across all regions, and to leverage IT as a tool for the socio-economic development of the State.
- Augmentation of Gross State Domestic Product (GSDP) of Uttar Pradesh
Any IT unit/ITeS sector/Infrastructure Developer/Government or Semi Government Enterprise/ Industrial Oganization can avail the benefits of this policy.
Benefits & Incentives:
- An interest subsidy of 5% per annum for a period of 5 years on the rate of interest paid on the loans obtained from Banks/ Financial Institutions would be reimbursed subject to a maximum of Rs 1.00 Crore per annum per unit.
- 100% exemption of stamp duty on purchase/lease of land/office space/ buildings for IT/ITeS use with condition of commencing operations within 3 years in Tier II/Tier cities like Lucknow and Agra, against a Bank Guarantee in favor of IG Stamps and Registration valid for a period of 3 years.
- The IT/ITeS units having capital investment of Rs 5 Crores or above would be allowed Interest free loan equivalent to the amount of VAT and Central Sales Tax deposited every year for a period of 10 years from the date of commencement of business or 10% of annual sales, whichever is lower.
- Land Provision and Single Window Clearance will also be provided.
For Details: Click Here