Uttar Pradesh: District Forest Sector Schemes
Uttar Pradesh Forest and Wildlife Department has launched some District Forest Sector Schemes funded by State Govt. for adopting innovative approaches for inculcating conservation ethics in the minds of the people and to have personnel trained in the best modern technologies and exposed to the latest global research.
Schemes and their Objectives:
- Strengthening of Forest Rest Homes and Internal Routes Scheme in Dudhwa National Park:
Under this scheme the forest rest homes and internal routes of Dudhwa National Park, are being strengthened. To develop tourism in Dudhwa National Park and for promotion and conservation of forest and wildlife appropriate action will be taken after examining the situation.
- Eco-tourism development in Lakh Bahosi Bird Sanctuary, Kannauj and Nawabganj Bird Sanctuary, Unnao:
Under this scheme million eco-friendly features are being made available to tourists in Lakh Bahosi Bird Sanctuary, Kannauj and Nawabganj Bird Sanctuary, Unnao, to protect the environment and to make the tourism experience better.
- Development of Eco-tourism Scheme:
The scheme is being implemented in the areas of the state, where the natural beauty of the landscape, the forest and wildlife is available in abundance and the area is attractive to tourists. The local people get employment opportunities, along with the growth of tourism through the project.
- Development of Babbar Sher Fertility Center and Lion Safari Park in Etawah district:
To save the Fisher Forest area from the problem of excessive biological pressure a Lion Safari Park is being set up here. Creating Lion Safari Park in Fisher Forest in Etawah, the native and foreign tourists will be able to get a closer look around the site in the natural habitat of Babbar Sher.
- Forest settlement Scheme:┬á
The scheme has been proposed to survey and demarcation of forest area and to protect it from encroachment. Under this scheme the task of bush clearance, construction of RCC pillars, barbed wire fencing along the sensitive borders and generation of geospatial database will be done.
- Biodiversity Park in Kukrail forest area is to be setup for increasing pressure on the biodiversity, and to create mass awareness. Along with the growth of tourism this will provide employment opportunities to the local people.
- Children’s railway in the Kanpur Zoological Park and Lucknow Zoo is being set up and Kanpur Zoo and Lucknow Zoo is being modernized. The scheme is being implemented in Kanpur and Lucknow Districts.
For More Information: Click Here