USTTAD Scheme for Minority Communities
Minority communities in India are known for their traditional skills, arts and crafts. But due to forces of competitive market and globalization, and also due to deteriorating socio-economic condition of master craftsmen/artisan, these skills are not being pursued by the young generation. Ministry of Minority Affairs, Govt. of India has USTTAD (Upgrading the Skills and Training in Traditional Arts/ Crafts for Development) Scheme for training of Minority communities.
- To build capacity of master craftsmen/artisans and training of young generation through the master craftsmen/ artisans for traditional arts/crafts.
- Set up standards of identified arts/ crafts and their documentation.
- To establish linkages of traditional skills with the global market.
- To improve employability of existing workers, school dropouts etc.
- To generate means of better livelihood for marginalized minorities and bring them in the mainstream.
- To enable minorities to avail opportunities in the growing market.
- To ensure dignity of labour.
- Design development and Research in traditional arts/crafts.
- The trainee should belong to minority community. In addition, 3% seats will also be reserved for differently abled persons belonging to minority communities.
- The trainee should be between 14-35 years of age. Upper age limit may be relaxed for differently abled persons belonging to minorities.
- The minimum qualification of trainee should be at least Class┬áV. This may also be relaxed for differently abled persons belonging to minorities.
- More than one member of a family is eligible for training in the same art/craft form, provided she/he fulfills the eligibility criteria.
The scheme will have following programmes:
- Up-gradation of Skills and Training in Traditional Arts/Crafts through Institutions.
- USTTAD Fellowship for Research and Development.
- Support to Craft museum for curating traditional arts/ crafts.
- Support to minority craftsmen/artisans for marketing their products.
For More Info:┬áClick Here
For Updates Download our App:┬áClick Here