Tagore National Fellowship for Cultural Research
Name of the scheme: Tagore National Fellowship for Cultural Research
Purpose: The Scheme has been introduced in order to strengthen various institutions under the Ministry of Culture (MoC) and other identified cultural institutions in the country, by encouraging scholars/academicians to affiliate themselves with these institutions to work on projects of mutual interest.
Eligibility of Scholars to be appointed as Tagore National Fellows:
- Scholars who have sound academic or professional credentials and have made significant contribution to knowledge in their respective fields.
- Those individuals who have publications in reputed and referred journals and books or persons with significant creative work in any field of art or culture.
- Those selected as Tagore National Fellows have, therefore, to:
- Be of highest standing in terms of research and years of experience;
- Have a very impressive list of publications, that have found acceptability in the scholarly world;
- Have past experience in dealing with the projects directly connected to the Nodal Institution and/or allied institutions.
Value of Tagore National Fellowship:
- A Tagore National Fellow who is from a University, College, Research Institute or Government set- up in India would be entitled to the same pay, including grade pay, etc., which he/she would have drawn had he/she continued in his/her parent organization. Essential or mandatory contribution of the employer to Provident Fund etc. would also be paid by the Nodal Institution as may have been paid by the employer had he/she continued in his/her parent organization.
- A Fellow from abroad or from a set-up other than University, College, Research Institute or Government, or who has since retired from active service and/or is on pension, would be entitled to a fixed honorarium of Rs. 80,000/- per month.
- Such top-up amount, as may be decided by the NSC, would be permissible to a Fellow who may be receiving some funds from other sources, to bring his/her total emoluments up to the level of honorarium, or even beyond it,in select cases. But in no case will the maximum amount exceed Rs. 80,000/- per month.
- In case of foreign research scholars and Indian research scholars residing or serving abroad, economy return airfare to/from their country of residence will be provided/reimbursed by the Nodal Institution once during the course of the Fellowship.
- All scholars who take up the Fellowship under the Scheme will be reimbursed, on ΓÇÌactualsΓÇÕ basis, contingent expenses for making academic trips, engaging research assistants, etc. up to a maximum of Rs. 2.50 lakh per annum, during the tenure of Fellowship.
Duration of the Fellowship:
The duration of the Fellowship will be for a maximum period of two years.
How to apply?
For┬ámore information,┬áclick here