STEP: A Scheme to train Women for Self-Employment
Name of the scheme: Support to Training and Employment Programme for Women (Step)
- To provide skills that give employability to women.
- To provide competencies and skills that enable women to become self-employed/entrepreneurs.
The scheme is┬áaimed at benefiting women who are in the age group of 16 years and above.
Eligible Organizations/ Project Implementing Agencies (PIAs):
- Institutions or organizations set up as Autonomous Organization or as a society registered under the Societies Registration Act, 1860 or Indian Trusts Act, 1882 (Not for profit).
- Voluntary organizations or Non-Government Organizations registered under the Societies Registration Act, Indian Trust Act carrying out activities which promote the objectives of the STEP programme.
- Co-operative Societies
- However, the organization must be in existence at least for 3 years, and have carried out activities for imparting skills related to employability and entrepreneurship for at least 3 years.
Following sectors are covered under this scheme to have assistance:
- Food Processing
- Tailoring, Stitching, Embroidery, Zari etc
- Computer & IT enabled services along with soft skills and skills for the work place such as spoken English
- Gems & Jewellery
- Travel & Tourism
|S. No||Cost Item||Ceiling per beneficiary (3 month course)||Ceiling per beneficiary (6 month course)|
|1||Training Cost||Rs. 14,000/-||Rs. 20,000/-|
|2||Food & Travel Cost||Rs. 4,000/-||Rs. 8,000/-|
|Total Cost||Rs. 18,000/-||Rs. 28,000/-|
A particular project will be for a maximum duration of 18 months, including time set aside for post-training activity evaluation.
How to apply?
Application form is attached here
For more information, visit here