Soil and Water Conservation under Western Ghats Development Programme
Soil and Water Conservation under Western Ghats Development Programme was launched by the Govt. of Tamil Nadu for the districts of Western Ghat.
- To develop the backward districts of Western Ghat.
- To assist farmers of Coimbatore, Erode, Madurai, Theni, Dindigul, Virudhunagar , Tirunelveli and Kanyakumari District┬áfor their agricultural activities.
- People who are engaged in the agricultural activities.
- 100% grant is provided for Soil Conservation measures. However, beneficiaries are required to contribute at the rate of 10% for individual works and 5% for community works. It is 5% in case of SC/ST, for individual works.
- All the farmers whose lands are covered in the selected Watersheds are eligible for subsidy.
┬á┬áHow To Avail:
┬á Farmers Can Contact:
- Assistant Executive Engineer, Agricultural Engineering Department┬áin the Revenue Division.
- Executive Engineer, AED in the District.
- Superintending Engineer, AED in the Region.
- Chief Engineer, Agricultural Engineering Department, Nandanam, Chennai-35. Phone 2435 2686 , 2435 2622
For More Information, Clickhere