Single Girl Child? Apply for the UGC Scholarship Now!
Name of the scheme: Post Graduate Indira Gandhi Scholarship Scheme for Single Girl Child
Purpose: Main purpose of this scheme is to support post graduate education of single girl child in non- professional courses.
- Any single girl child of a family.
- She has to be the only girl child in the family without having any sibling.
- The girl students who are admitted to various regular full-time 1st year Masters Degree course in any recognized university or a post graduate college in India.
- This scholarship is available to PG-I year student only.
- Distance education mode is not covered under the scheme.
- Age criteria- Girl students up to the age of 30 years at the time of admission in PG courses are eligible.
Available slots: Per year 1,200 slots are available for this scholarship.
Nature of assistance:
- The scholarship value is Rs. 2,000/- per month for a period of two years only (10 months in the year).
- No tuition fees will be charged by the university/college/institute (covered under Sections 2(f) and 12(B) of UGC Act) where a girl student has taken admission in the first year to pursue PG degree course.
Important documents to be submitted:
- The candidate is required to submit an application in the prescribed format.
- Proof of admission to Ist Year MasterΓÇÕs degree course in a recognized Indian University covered.
- An affidavit on 50/- Stamp paper from the student/parent duly attested by SDM/First Class Magistrate/Gazetted Officer.
- A certificate from the College/University where the student has taken admission to first year PG Course in the current academic year.
How to avail?
Click here to apply
For more information,┬ávisit here