Scheme to Safeguard Diverse Cultural Traditions of India
Name of the scheme: Safeguarding the Intangible Cultural Heritage and Diverse Cultural Traditions of India
Purpose: The main purpose of this scheme is to revitalize various institutions, groups, individuals, identified non-MOC institutions, non-government organisations, researchers and scholars so that they may engage in activities/ projects for strengthening, protecting, preserving and promoting the rich intangible cultural heritage of India.
Assistance under the scheme:
Assistance under the scheme would be provided in the form of non-recurring grants, honoraria, infrastructure grants, etc. with a view to address areas critical for the survival and propagation of all forms of ICH by strengthening organisations/ individuals etc. involved in keeping these cultural traditions/ expressions alive, also for preserving, disseminating, propagating etc. them by giving training support to students, artists, performers, to practitioners for workshops, performers documentation, database creation, and integration of education & culture etc.
Activities that can be supported under the scheme:
- Documentation/ data creation/ cataloguing, etc. for the purpose of creating a National/ State/ District/ Local Level Register for Inventory of Intangible Cultural Heritage.
- Preservation, support and safeguarding of intangible cultural expressions/ diverse cultural traditions of India that are masterpieces, including preparations of nomination dossiers of intangible culture heritage for inscriptions by UNESCO, in order to address areas critical for the survival and propagation of these forms, giving training support to students and artists in these areas, support to practitioners for workshops, performances documentation and database-creation through various media, support for dissemination, etc.
- Activities for integration of education and culture with reference to ICH/ diverse cultural traditions of India.
- Support to initiative of Ministry of HRD in setting up Sector Skill Councils relating to art under National Vocational Educational Qualifications Framework (NVEQF).
- The applicant organizations/ institutions/ Societies/ State or UT administrations should have a properly constituted managing/ governing council/ body, having facilities & resources, past experience(s) etc.
- They will also have to submit a statement of their audited accounts for the last 3 years.
Quantum of assistance:
- For organizations/institutions/registered bodies/State Govt./UT administration, Academies/Universities, Societies, the amount of financial assistance for specific projects would be up to Rs. 10 lakh.
- For individuals, the amount of assistance would be up to Rs. 5 lakhs.
- The grant would be released in three installments – 50% in advance, 25% as 2nd installment after appraisal and balance 25% after completion of the project/ activity and submission of relevant documents as proof thereof.
- The fund release would be done by electronic transfer.
How to apply?
The application, in the prescribed format as Annexed, will have to be addressed to the following:
Sangeet Nataka Akademi, 3rd Floor,
Rabindra Bhawa (Opp.Madi House Doordarshan Kendra),
35 Firoz Shah Road, New Delhi -110001ΓÇÙ
For more information,┬áclick here