Scheme For Upgradation Of Merit SC/ST Students In UP
- Under this scheme 100% central assistance is provided to Uttar Pradesh Govt. for arranging coaching for SC/ST students studying in class 9th to 12th.
- Remedial coaching- It aims to remove deficiencies in school subjects.
- Special coaching – It aims to prepare students for competitive examinations for entering into professional courses and senior administrative and technical occupations.
- The main objective of the scheme is to upgrade the merits of SC students by providing with facilities for all round development through education in Residential School.
- Removing their educational deficiency.
- Facilitating their entry into professional courses by upgrading their merit so that they can compete.
- Admission to higher education courses
- Generating self confidence.
Nature of Coaching:
- Remedial coaching will be provided in linguistic skills and basic concepts in mathematics and science.
- Special coaching for preparing in competitive examination. Syllabus for special coaching will be prepared with the help of experts.
- Faculty of school selected will be given preference for remedial coaching.
- 10-12 hrs. a week has to be devoted to the coaching of students.
- Allocated awards may be used by states for boys and girls in the ratio 50:50. However, unutilized awards by girls may be used by boys and vice-versa.
- Target of 3% disabled SC/ST students.
- This scheme is conducting in 6 State Inter Colleges ( Allahabad, Lucknow, Gorakhpur, Jhansi, Moradabad and Agra).
|1.||For Blind student||Reader Allowance||200||Monthly|
|2.||For Disable student||Transport Allowance||100||Monthly|
|3.||For any employee of hostel to help handicapped student||Special Pay||200||Monthly|
|4.||Severely Handicapped day scholar student||Escort Allowance||100||Monthly|
|5.||Mentally retarded||Extra Coaching||200||Monthly|