Rural Entrepreneurship Development Programme
Name of the scheme: Rural Entrepreneurship Development Programmes (REDPs)
Purpose: REDPs are programmes that support capacity building of rural unemployed people to enable them to set up their own enterprises.
Details of the scheme:
- REDPs are conducted for a particular skill and unemployed rural youth are trained in these programmes.
- Training period may vary from a minimum period of 4 weeks to a max. period of 8 weeks.
- Each programme to have about 25-30 participants.
- Programme to be conducted with the support of NGOs
- NGOs should be a registered and having an experience of minimum 3 years.
- Programmes may be residential or non residential.
- The NGO should have necessary infrastructure, faculty support of their own or invite guest faculty.
The trainee has to be within the age limit of 18 and 50 years.
- The Grant covers for preliminary expenses, rent for hall, training material, boarding charges, stationery, honorarium to faculty/guest faculty and other expenses.
- Incentive is available for handholding after training and settlement of trainees.
For more details, visit here