Rashtriya Swasthya Bima Yojana (RSBY)- The Scheme
Rashtriya Swasthya Bima Yojana (RSBY)┬áis a government- run┬áhealth insurance scheme for the┬áBPL family under the Ministry of Health and Family Welfare, Government of India. It provides cashless insurance for hospitalization in public as well as selected private hospitals.┬áThe objective of RSBY is to provide protection to BPL households from financial liabilities arising out of health shocks that involve hospitalization.
- To recognise the diversity with regard to public health infrastructure, their socio -economic conditions and the administrative network.
- The health insurance scheme aims to facilitate launching of health insurance projects in all the districts of the States in a phased manner for BPL workers.
- Every Below Poverty line (BPL) subjects and their family members (a family unit of five) holding a yellow ration card
- The beneficiary has to pay Rs. 30 per annum as registration/renewal fee to get biometric-enabled smart card for identifying their eligibility.
- All pre-existing illnesses are also covered from day one.
The beneficiary shall be eligible for such in – patient health care insurance benefits as would be designed by the respective State Governments based on the requirement of the people/ geographical area. However, the State Governments are advised to incorporate at least the following minimum benefits in the package / scheme:
- The unroganised sector worker and his family (unit of five) will be covered.
- Total sum insured would be┬á30,000/- per family per annum on a family floater basis.
- Cashless attendance to all covered ailments.
- Hospitalization expenses, taking care of most common illnesses with as few exclusions as possible.
- All pre-existing diseases to be covered.
- Transportation costs (actual with maximum limit of┬á100 per visit) within an overall limit of┬áRs.┬á1000.
- Contribution by Government of India: 75% of the estimated annual premium of┬áRs.┬á750, subject to a maximum of┬áRs.┬á565 per family per annum. The cost of smart card will be borne by the Central Government.
- Contribution by respective State Governments: 25% of the annual premium, as well as any additional premium.
- The beneficiary would pay┬áRs.┬á30 per annum as registration/renewal fee.
- The administrative and other related cost of administering the scheme would be borne by the respective State Governments
For More Details: Click Here