Rajiv Gandhi National Crèche Scheme for Working Women with Children
Name of the scheme: Rajiv Gandhi National Creche Scheme for the Children of Working Mothers
Purpose: The main purpose of this scheme is to help working mothers by providing cr├¿che system for their children.
- To provide day-care facilities for children (6 months to 6 years) of working mothers in the community.
- To improve nutrition and health status of children.
- To promote physical, cognitive, social and emotional development thereby promoting a holistic development of children.
- To educate and empower parents /caregivers for better childcare.
- A cr├¿che is a facility which enables parents to leave their children while they are at work and where children are provided stimulating environment for their holistic development.
- Cr├¿ches are designed to provide group care to children, who have working parents, usually up to 6 years of age, who need care, guidance and supervision away from their home during the day.
- Day care Facilities including Sleeping Facilities.
- Early Stimulation for children below 3 years and Pre-school Education for 3 to 6 years old children.
- Supplementary Nutrition
- Growth Monitoring
- Health Check-up and Immunization facilities.
|For families Below Poverty Line (BPL)||Rs. 20/- per child per month|
|Families with Income (Both Parents) of up to Rs. 12,000/- per month||Rs. 100/- per child per month|
|Families with Income (Both Parents) of above Rs. 12,000/- per month||Rs. 200/- per child per month|
┬áFinancial Assistance/Recurring Grant (For a Cr├¿che of 25 children):
|SL No||Item||Ceiling of expenditure||Sharing ratio||Expenditure per annum||Implementing Agencies/ NGOs share per annum||Govt. share per annum (Grant)|
|a)||Cr├¿che worker||Rs. 3000/- per month||90:10||Rs.36000/-||Rs.3600/-||Rs.32400/-|
|b)||Cr├¿che helper||Rs. 1500/- per month||90:10||Rs. 18000/-||Rs. 1800/-||Rs. 16200/-|
|c)||Doctor||Rs.250/ – per visit per quarter||90:10||Rs.1000/||Rs.100/||Rs.900/-|
|2.||Supplementary nutrition for 26 days in a month|
|┬á||Rs. 12.00 per child per day for 25 children||Rs 7800/- per month||90:10||Rs.93600/-||Rs.9360/-||Rs.84240/-|
|a)||Medicine Kit||Rs. 500/- six monthly||90:10||Rs.1000/-||Rs.100/-||Rs. 900/-|
|b)||PSE Kit||Rs. 2000/- per year||90:10||Rs.2000/-||Rs.200/-||Rs.1800/|
|c)||Monitoring by independent agencies (once in a year)||Rs.100 0/- per cr├¿che per visit||100%||Rs.1000/-||—||Rs.1000/-|
┬áNon-Recurring Grant (For a cr├¿che of 25 children):
|SL No||Item||Ceiling of expenditure||Sharing ratio||Expenditure||Implementing Agencies/ NGOs share per annum||Govt. share (Grant)|
|1||Non-recurring grant for a period of five years||Rs 10,000/- once in the beginning of every new cr├¿che and a subsequent grant of Rs. 5000/- at an interval of 5 years towards replacement/ purchase of equipment/ furniture, water filter, etc.||90:10||(i) Rs.10,000/- (ii) Rs 5,000/-||(i) Rs 1000/- ┬á(ii) Rs 500/-||(i) Rs 9000/- (ii) Rs 4500/-|
|2||One time grant for Monitoring Agencies||Rs.10,000/- once||100%||Rs.10,000/-||—||Rs 10000/-|
|3||One time grant for Mobile/web based monitoring||Rs 5.00 crore (For implementation on pilot basis)||100%||Rs 5 crore||—||Rs 5 crore|
┬áFor more information regarding the scheme, visit here