Rajiv Awas Yojana (RAY)
Rajiv Awas Yojana (RAY) envisages a ΓÇ£Slum Free IndiaΓÇÙ with inclusive and equitable cities in which every citizen has access to basic civic infrastructure, social amenities and decent shelter.
- Improving and provisioning of housing, basic civic infrastructure and social amenities in intervened slums.
- Enabling reforms to address some of the causes leading to creation of slums.
- Facilitating a supportive environment for expanding institutional credit linkages for the urban poor.
- Institutionalizing mechanisms for prevention of slums including creation of affordable housing stock.
- Strengthening institutional and human resource capacities at the Municipal, City and State levels through comprehensive capacity building and strengthening of resource networks.
- Empowering community by ensuring their participation at every stage of decision making through strengthening and nurturing Slum DwellersΓÇÕ Association/Federations.
Duration: The implementation phase of the scheme is for the period 2013-2022.
Affordable Housing in Partnership (AHP) Scheme:
In order to increase affordable housing stock, as part of the preventive strategy, Affordable Housing in Partnership (AHP) will be implemented as part of the scheme.
Central support will be provided at the rate of 75,000 per EWS/LIG DUs of size upto 40 sqm. for housing and internal development components in affordable housing projects taken up under various kinds of partnerships. A project size of minimum 250 dwelling units will be considered under the scheme. The DUs would be a mix of EWS/LIG-A/LIG-B/Higher Categories/Commercial of which at least 60 percent of the FAR/ FSI will be used for dwelling units of carpet area of not more than 60 sqm.
|Category||Type of City/Urban Agglomerations (UA)||Component||Contribution of|
|A||Cities/ UAs with Population 5 lakhs and above||Housing||50||25||–||25|
|B||Cities/ UAs having population less than 5 lakhs||Housing||75||15||–||10|
|C||Cities / UAs in NorthEastern Region and special category States (Jammu & Kashmir, Himachal Pradesh & Uttarakhand)||Housing||80||10||–||10|
- There will be an upper ceiling of 5 lakh per DU for cities with population more than 5 lakhs. This ceiling would be at 4 lakhs per DU for smaller cities with population less than 5 lakhs. In North East (NE) and special category States, upper ceiling would be at 5 lakh per DU irrespective of population of the city.
- Beneficiary contribution is necessary to bring sense of ownership among the beneficiaries and is provided at the minimum of 10% in the case of SC/ST/OBC/ PH/single woman/other weaker and vulnerable sections and 12% in case of general category.
Capacity Building, Administrative & Other Expenses (A&OE) and IEC activities:
5% of the scheme allocation will be earmarked for these activities. Expenditure required for administering the Mission at the Ministry will also be met from this fund.
For More Information: Click Here