Promotion of Performing Arts in Aided High Schools
Every year 50 Non-Govt. aided high schools from Goa are considered for availing the benefit of the scheme. The┬áselected┬áinstitutions are eligible for sanction of grant towards purchase of musical equipment, remuneration of the music teachers/accompanists and maintenance grant/TA to music teachers/accompanist. The key features are enlisted below:
The objective of the scheme is to provide grants to educational institutions for imparting cultural education by way of conducting regular classes in Performing Arts i.e┬á Music/Dance etc.
Grant will be released in the following manner:
- The grant of Rs. 20,000/- per school shall be sanctioned and paid towards purchase of musical equipment as initial grant to┬ástart music┬áclasses.
- Sr. Artist/Musician @Rs.7000/- P.M. as Remuneration. (Senior Teacher)
- Rs. 2000/- to be given per year as maintenance grant and for the purpose of TA to the music teachers during official visit to the department.
- Rs. 10,000/- to be given once in three years to take care/add to the earlier Musical equipment.
- Artist/Musician @Rs.5000/- P.M. as Remuneration. (Accompanist) Thus the Remuneration to the music teachers will be paid Monthly.
The grant of remuneration of Music Teacher/accompanist will be released after obtaining claims from the concerned schools. The school have to present utilisation certificate showing the amount utilized by the school for the year ending┬áand un-utilised amount to be Remitted to the department by D.D.
For More Info: Click Here