Post Matric Scholarship to Minority Students of Goa
The scholarship is awarded for studies in India in government or private higher secondary school/college/university. It will also cover technical and vocational courses in Industrial Training Institutes/Industrial Training Centres affiliated with the National Council for Vocational Training (NCVT) of classes XI and XII level.
- Scholarship will be awarded to the students who have secured not less than 50% marks or equivalent grade in the previous final examination.
- The annual income of parents/guardian from all sources should not exceed Rs.2 lakhs.
- Muslims, Sikhs, Christians, Buddhists and Zoroastrians (Parsis) have been notified as minority communities
- Students from BPL families, having the lowest income shall be given preference in the ascending order
Earmarking for Girl Students:
30% of scholarship will be earmarked for girl students. In case sufficient number of eligible girl students are not available, then the balance earmarked scholarships may be awarded to eligible boy students.
- Scholarship will be provided for the entire course. However, maintenance allowance will be given for a period not exceeding 10 months only in an academic year.
- Actual financial assistance will be provided for admission & course /tuition fee and maintenance allowance as given below subject to a maximum ceiling indicated against item concerned:
|Admission and Tuition Fees for Classes XI and XII||Maximum Ceiling of Rs. 7,000 P.A.||
Maximum Ceiling of Rs. 7,000 P.A.
Admission and Course Fee for technical and Vocational Courses of XI and XII Level
|Maximum Ceiling of Rs. 10,000 P.A.||
Maximum Ceiling of Rs. 10,000 P.A.
Admission and Tuition Fee for Under Graduate & Post Graduate
|Maximum Ceiling of Rs. 3,000 P.A.||
Maximum Ceiling of Rs. 3,000 P.A.
Maintenances Allowances for 10 months only in an Academic Year including Technical & Vocational Courses
|Rs. 380 Per Month||Rs. 230 Per Month|
|Courses other than technical and professional courses at Under Graduate and Post Graduate Level.||Rs. 570 Per Month||
Rs. 300 Per Month
M.Phil and PhD.
|Rs. 1200 Per Month||
Rs. 550 Per Month
- Hostelers include students who are not staying in hostel of the school/institute concerned but are staying as paying guest or in rented accommodation in towns/cities which are not the places where their parents reside.
- The scholarship, once awarded, may be renewed during the next academic year of the course on the production of certificate that the student has secured 50% marks in the examination.
For More Info: Click Here