Menu
Logo
Persons with Disabilities can now get financial assistance for skill training

Persons with Disabilities can now get financial assistance for skill training

scheme March 31, 2016 12 Views

Name of the scheme:

Scheme for providing handholding support to differently able persons for availing skill training/skill upgradation through ΓÇÌVishesh Prashikshan MitrasΓÇÕ.

Purpose:

To provide handholding support to needy Persons with Disabilities (PwDs) for availing skill raining/skill upgradation under National Handicapped Finance and Development CorporationΓÇÕs (NHFDC) EDP scheme.

Nodal agencies:

State Channelizing Agencies (SCAs), various financial institutions i.e. banks promoting NHFDCΓÇÕs schemes known as Vishesh Prashikhan Mitras.

Eligibility criteria for registering Vishesh Prashikhan Mitras

  • Existing national level Entrepreneurship Development Institutions (EDIs) like NIESBUD (National Institute for Entrepreneurship and Small Business Development) etc.
  • Insurance agents, banking agents of PSBs/RRBs those working for financial inclusion and agents of post offices are also eligible.
  • Other organizations, training institutes, NGOs etc. those are approved by CMD, NHFDC are eligible as well.

Quantum of assistance:

Under this scheme, financial assistance would be provided to Vishesh Prashikhan Mitras and they will provide financial assistance to eligible disabled people.

  • Financial assistance of Rs. 1,000/- per trainee will be given to Vishesh Prashikshan Mitras to assist PwDs.
  • 80% of this grant will be released at the time of completion of training of PwDs and the rest 20% will be given once the post training track record of 6 months of PwDs is submitted.

For more information, click here

You can contact NHFDC here

To walk in Support of Accesible India Please register here, April 17th Hyderabad