New startup scheme for rural India
Indian government is all set to encourage entrepreneurship and startup ecosystem in rural India under the upcoming Deendayal Upadhyay Swaniyojan Yojana (DUSY). Rural Development Ministry is designing this scheme and it will be backed by Mudra Bank Loans, self-help groups and various other credit facilities.
- On the line of Startup India launched this year, DUSY will strengthen the prospect of employability for the rural youth and also help them to set up the businesses.
- The government is in talks with private entities and individuals working in the startup space to map out the entrepreneurship opportunities.
- Trainings will be provided under the scheme to rural youth to gain skill-sets necessary for self-employment and thereafter credit linkages and incubation centre will be provided.
- DUSY will be funded under the National Rural Livelihood Mission of the Rural Development Ministry.
- The livelihood program will provide training for activities ranging from beauty courses and driving to horticulture and agriculture.