National Tobacco Control Programme (NTCP)
The National Tobacco Control Cell (NTCC) at the Ministry of Health and Family Welfare (MoHFW) is responsible for overall policy formulation, planning, implementation, monitoring and evaluation of the different activities envisaged under the National Tobacco Control Programme (NTCP). The National Cell functions under the direct guidance and supervision of the programme in-charge from the MoHFW. The NTCC is supported by Consultants in specific areas of tobacco control like Policy, National Coordination, Legal, IEC etc.
- To bring about greater awareness about the harmful effects of tobacco use and about the Tobacco Control Laws.
- To facilitate effective implementation of the Tobacco Control Laws.
The main thrust areas for the NTCP are as follows:
- Training of health and social workers, NGOs, school teachers, enforcement officers etc.
- Information, Education and Communication (IEC) activities.
- School Programmes.
- Monitoring tobacco control laws.
- Co-ordination with Panchayati Raj Institutions for village level activities.
- Setting-up and strengthening of cessation facilities including provision of pharmacological treatment facilities at district level.
Not Applicable in the context of the ΓÇ£National Tobacco Control Programme (NTCP)ΓÇÙ
For More Details: Click Here