National Project for Cattle and Buffalo Breeding (NPCBB)
National Project for Cattle and Buffalo Breeding (NPCBB) by Department of Animal Husbandry, Dairying and Fisheries envisages genetic upgradation and development of indigenous breeds on priority basis. ┬á
- To arrange delivery of vastly improved artificial insemination service at the farmers doorstep.
- To progressively bring under organized breeding through artificial insemination or natural service by high quality bulls, all breedable females among cattle and buffalo..
- To undertake breed improvement programme for indigenous cattle and buffalo breeds so as to improve their genetic qualities as well as their availability.
- Streamlining storage and supply of Liquid Nitrogen by sourcing supply from industrial gas manufacturers and setting up bulk transport and storage systems for the same.
- Introduction of quality bulls with high genetic merit.
- Promotion of private mobile A.I. service for doorstep delivery of A.I.
- Conversion of existing stationery government centres into mobiles centres.
- Quality control and certification of bulls and services at sperm stations, semen banks and training institutions.
- Study of breeding systems in areas out of reach of A.I.
- Refresher training to existing AI workers, basic training to rural unemployed youth, training to professionals and organization of farmers orientation programmes Institutional restructuring by way of entrusting the job of managing production and supply of genetic inputs as well as Liquid Nitrogen to a specialized autonomous and professional State Implementing Agency.
For More Info: Click Here.
For Updates Download our App: Click Here.