National Programme for Health Care of the Elderly (NPHCE)
NPHCE programme is to provide separate, specialized and comprehensive health care to the senior citizens at various level of State health care delivery system including outreach services. The NPHCE is sponsored and its implementation is monitored by the Ministry of Health & Family Welfare.
- Free, specialised health care facilities exclusively for the elderly people through the State health delivery system viz: District Hospitals with Geriatric Clinic (OPD) and 10 bedded Geriatric Ward.
- Bi-weekly Geriatric Clinic at Community Health Centres.
- Weekly Geriatric Clinic at Public Health Centres.
- Domiciliary visits to the elderly persons by ANM/Male Health Workers posted under Sub-Centres and provision of callipers and supportive devices to make them ambulatory.
- Referral treatment at the Regional Geriatric Centres with 30 bedded Department of Geriatrics.
All elderly people (above 60 years) in the country.
The Centre will bear 75% of the total budget and the State Government will contribute 25 % of the budget. A total amount of Rs. 1710.13 crore has been approved for XII Five Year Plan for NPHCE. Out of this, an amount of Rs. 1147.56 crore is earmarked for activities proposed to be undertaken upto district level.
How to avail:
The State Government/Union Territory should submit Programme Implementation Plan in the prescribed format to avail the facility for implementation of the Programme as per the guidelines and terms and conditions.
The Deputy Secretary/ Under Secretary (NPHCE),
Ministry of Health and Family Welfare, Department of Health & Family Welfare,
Nirman Bhawan, New Delhi-110011
For More Details: Click Here