Nai Udaan- a central govt. scheme to financially support students from Minority Communities
Name of the scheme: Nai Udaan– Scheme for Support for Minority Students clearing Prelims conducted by Union Public Service Commission, Staff Selection Commission, State Public Service Commissions etc.
Purpose: The purpose of this scheme is to provide financial support to the minority candidates those who have cleared prelims conducted by Union Public Service Commission, Staff Selection Commission and State Public Service Commissions to adequately prepare them to compete for appointment to Civil Services in the Union and the State Governments and to increase the representation of the minority in the Civil Services.
- The candidate should belong to one of the Minority Communities notified under Section 2 (C ) of National Commission for Minorities Act, 1992 and should have passed the Prelims Examination conducted by UPSC; SPSC or SSC etc.
- Family income: Total annual family income of the candidates from all sources should not exceed Rs. 4.5 lakh.
- The financial support can be availed by a candidate only once.
- The candidate will not be eligible to benefit from any other similar Scheme of the Central or State Governments /UT Administrations.
Number of beneficiaries:
- Muslims- 568
- Christians- 96
- Parsis- 7
- Jains- 17
- For Gazetted Post it will be a maximum Rs. 50,000/-
- For Non- Gazetted Post it will be a maximum┬á 25,000/-
How to apply?
The application format is given here. ┬á
For more information regarding the scheme, visit here.