Mukhyamanti Jal Swawlamban Abhiyan: Rajasthan
Come Lets Join Hands for the Next Water Revolution
Mukhya Mantri Jal Swavlamban Abhiyan has been launched in Rajasthan with the vision to ensure effective implementation of water harvesting and water conservation related activities in the rural areas using a holistic approach, informed by the values of leadership, moral responsibility, excellence, innovation, partnership and purity.
- To ensure effective implementation of water conservation and water harvesting related activities in rural areas through convergence of schemes of various departments.
- Implementation of works through peopleΓÇÕs participation by motivating villagers & beneficiaries.
- Harvesting of available runoff (rain water, ground water, under-ground water & in situ soil moisture) in rural area by treatment of catchment, proper ┬á┬á┬áutilization of available water harvesting structures, renovation of the non functional water harvesting structures & creation of new water harvesting structures.
- Development of Forest, land, water & fauna keeping watershed/cluster/index as a unit for natural resource management.
- Permanent Solution of drinking water by making the Village self sufficient in terms of water.
- To increase the Irrigated area through water harvesting & conservation.
Scope of the Scheme
Water Harvesting & conservation works will be implemented from the funds available under State departments, NGOs, CSR, people’s participation.
Institutional Arrangements Under the Scheme
- State Rural Water Conservation Mission
- State level Directional Committee
- State level task group
- District level Monitoring Committee
- District Level Committee
- Block Level Committee
- Village Level Committee to prepare Action Plan.
Contact: Click Here
For More Details: Click Here.
For Updates Download our App: Click Here.