Modernization Scheme – 2015
- The Department of Administrative Reforms & Public Grievances is implementing a Plan Scheme of Modernization of Government Offices from 1987-88. The Scheme emphasizes on integrated and comprehensive planning for modernization of office with a view to promote efficiency and effectiveness in government functioning.┬á Such planning should anticipate future requirements of at least a decade, though the implementation may be carried out in phases.
- Under the Scheme, Ministries/Departments are asked to draw integrated and comprehensive proposals for modernization and also prioritize identified offices/units under the same for funding and to forward the same to this Department in a prescribed proforma
- The Scheme aims at improvement of the work environment by adopting a holistic approach involving: & bull┬áintroduction of functional layout for office premises & bull┬ácreation of open offices to facilitate better supervision, redress of public grievances and better service to the public &bull┬ácreation of modern work stations with space for computers, LAN wires, printer cables, telephone, data ports etc. and┬á also for paper work &bull┬áefficient file management and & bull┬ácost effective and space effective records management.
- The Scheme is intended to serve as a model and needs to be supplemented with the efforts of Ministries/Departments themselves with regard to modernization.
- The Scheme is confined to the Government of India.┬áProposals meant for the main Ministries/Departments, attached offices and statutory bodies located in Delhi will alone be considered under the scheme.┬áProposals for field offices, subordinate offices, branch offices outside Delhi, new offices, training institutes, public sector undertakings, registered societies, autonomous bodies, etc. fall outside the purview of this Scheme.
- Proposals covering units having a public interface will be given preference over other units in the Ministries/Departments.
- Proposals received from Ministries/Departments, which have not earlier availed of the Scheme are given priority.
- Proposals need to fulfill conditions as mentioned in the aims and objectives of the Scheme.┬á At least 25 percent of the estimated cost of the proposal needs to be provided by the concerned Ministry/Department.
The Ministries/Departments should ensure as far as practicable uniformity in the physical parameters, as detailed below, of the projects executed under the scheme of Modernization:
- Partition height
- Storage space
- Design of Filing-cupboard
- Design of Desks/Tables
- Design of the Chair
- Lighting (CFL)
- Movement Space
For More Information: Click Here