Jai Jawan Awas Yojana for Affordable Housing: Haryana
Foundation stone of Jai Jawan Awas Yojna (JJAY), an initiative to provide affordable housing to serving and retired JCOs and Other Ranks, was laid by Shri Manohar Lal Khattar, the Honourable Chief Minister of Haryana, at Bahadurgarh, Haryana.
- The project is being executed by Army Welfare Housing Organization and aims to provide low cost housing.
- This housing project has been named in the memory of Late Major Rajiv Joon, recipient of Ashok Chakra and Shaurya Chakra, who ┬áhad attained martyrdom fighting militants in Anantnag district of Jammu & Kashmir.
- Gen Dalbir Singh announced that the residential project at Bahadurgarh would be pitched at a very low cost for the benefit of JCOs and Other Ranks.
- He also informed that the Army had planned setting up an education complex and the Haryana Government was allocating land at Sonepat for the same.
- Shri Manohar Lal Khattar, added that over 3000 Ex Servicemen will be inducted into Haryana Police and that a Sainik School was also being raised at Matanhail, apart form other schemes and welfare projects by the government.
- Numerous stalls were put up to cater to the requirements of ΓÇÌVeer SenanisΓÇÕ, which included a Joint Forum of Indian Army and Civil Agencies to address important issues related to the veterans, Skill Development, Indian Army Veterans Self Help Counter, Zila Sainik Board and Army Welfare Placement Organisation. ┬áMedical Camp was also organized as part of the event with various Medical specialists in attendance. More than 3000 ex servicemen and Veer Naris attended the event.
For More Info: Click Here.
For Updates Download our App: Click Here.