Incentives to Milk Producers in Goa
- The scheme is prepared with the objective to encourage farmers to go in for Dairy business and make it more lucrative which will help to increase the local milk production.
- To encourage youth to take up Dairy as a Business.
- To make State self-sufficient in Milk Production.
- The Scheme applies to farmers from Goa who are members of the Dairy Societies registered with the Department of Animal Husbandry & Veterinary Services.
- Dairy farmer has to register his Dairy Farm with the Department of Animal Husbandry & Veterinary Services through the respective Veterinary Dispensary/ Hospital and give details of number of animals, state of lactation of each animal, milk yield, date of calving, address of cowshed where located etc.
- The Incentives shall apply to the milk supplied by the members, to the Goa State Co-operative Milk Union Ltd. or any other Dairy Union authorized by State Government, through registered Dairy Co-operative Societies.
- Farmer should be a resident of Goa for at least preceding 5 years, own cattle shed with milch animals in the State of Goa, registered with a Dairy Co-operative Society.
- Milk should be produced at the beneficiary’s Dairy Farm and not by procuring milk from others and then pouring to Dairy Society in his name.
- Any farmer intending to avail benefit under the scheme will have to produce evidence of his membership to a registered society as may be required by the Department of Animal Husbandry & Veterinary Services.
- Composite subsidy @ 40% (incentive on milk @ 32.28% & cattle feed @ 7.72%) on the proceeds of milk supplied to the Goa State Co-operative Milk Union Limited will be paid on monthly basis
For More Info: Click Here