Haryana State Merit Scholarship Scheme
There are many brilliant students who are unable to pursue higher studies due to lack of financial resources. This destroys their own carrier and it also causes loss to the community. So in order to prevent spoiling of studentΓÇÕs academic career and with a view to strengthening them for serving the community, Department of School Education, Haryana Government has launched Haryana State merit Scholarship Scheme for economically backward class students.
- The Students whose parents/guardians are the citizens of India and are domiciled in the Haryana State.
- Student who passes the specified Public Examination from the Punjab or Kurukshetra University or any other examining body.
- Scholarships under the scheme for post-graduate study viz. M.A./M.Sc./M.Com study/Ph.D. classes will be paid without any consideration of the income of the parents of the Candidates.
- The candidate who secures at least a Second Division in the specified Examinations is eligible for the scholarships.
- In case of rural area merit Scholarship, the students who secure at least 40% marks in the Matric/Higher Secondary eligible to get the Scholarship. (Final), Pre-University. Examinations only shall be eligible to get the scholarship.
|Name of Exam. on the basis of which scholarships are to be awarded||Value per month||Duration|
|(a) For Post Matric Courses|
|Matric||Rs. 50||Year in Prep/ Hr. Sec. II|
|10+2||Rs. 100||Minimum tenure is 3 academic years for B.A./B.Sc./B.Com./ B.Sc. Home Science Course (including Hon’s) School Course|
|(b) For Post Graduate Courses|
|B.A./B.Sc./B.Com||Rs. 150||Maximum tenure two academic years for M.A./M.Sc. Hons./ M.Sc./M.Com./M.Sc. /Home Science Course. Maximum tenure one academic year for B.T./B.Ed. Course.|
|M.A./M.Sc. /M.Com||Rs. 300 or Rs. 585 (Depending upon kind of Scholarship)||One Scholarship is Tenable at Jawahar Lal Nehru University, New Delhi for full duration of M.Phil./Ph.D. Course Minimum three years.|
For Details: Click Here