Gujarat Waste To Energy Policy 2016
Gujarat Govt. has demised Waste to Energy Policy 2016 to facilitate and promote utilization of Municipal Solid Waste (MSW) for generation of solid waste of electricity at affordable cost in a sustainable manner and to contribute in the implementation of the ΓÇ£Swachh Bharat AbhiyanΓÇÙ.
- To facilitate and promote disposal of MSW in environment friendly manner.
- To improve efficiency and effectiveness of collection and disposal of MSW, thereby contributing to Swachh Bharat Abhiyan.
- To reduce the requirement of lands for disposal of MSW for saving precious public resource for alternative public purpose.
Period of Operation:
The policy will came into effect from the date of its notification and shall remain in operation for period of 5 years i.e. 2016 to 2021.
- Any individual, company, association or group of individuals or Urban Local Bodies/Urban Development Authorities whether incorporated or not, will be eligible for setting up power plants using MSW either for the purpose of captive use or for sale to obliged entities.
- Only new plant and machinery shall be eligible for installation under this policy.
- Urban Local Bodies will provide MSW to plant developer at site without charging any cost.
- Land will be made available to plant developer at token lease rent of Rs. 1 per annum.
- Electricity generated and consumed for self consumption/sale to third party within the State shall be exempted from payment of electricity duty.
- Exemption from demand cut to the extent of 50% of installed capacity of the power projected, will be provided to the developer.
For More Information: Click Here